Quilting Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• QuiltingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The material used for making quilts.
- (n.) A coating of strands of rope for a water vessel.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Quilt
- (n.) The act of stitching or running in patterns, as in making a quilt.
- (n.) A quilting bee. See Bee, 2.
• QuiltDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To stitch or sew in lines or patterns.
- (v. t.) To stitch or sew together at frequent intervals, in order to confine in place the several layers of cloth and wadding of which a garment, comforter, etc., may be made; as, to quilt a coat.
- (n.) Anything that is quilted; esp., a quilted bed cover, or a skirt worn by women; any cover or garment made by putting wool, cotton, etc., between two cloths and stitching them together; also, any outer bed cover.
- (v. t.) To wad, as a garment, with warm soft material.