Ranked Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RankedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Rank
• RankDefinition & Meaning in English
- (superl.) Raised to a high degree; violent; extreme; gross; utter; as, rank heresy.
- (v. i.) To be ranged; to be set or disposed, as in a particular degree, class, order, or division.
- (n. & v.) An aggregate of individuals classed together; a permanent social class; an order; a division; as, ranks and orders of men; the highest and the lowest ranks of men, or of other intelligent beings.
- (adv.) Rankly; stoutly; violently.
- (n. & v.) Grade of official standing, as in the army, navy, or nobility; as, the rank of general; the rank of admiral.
- (superl.) Causing vigorous growth; producing luxuriantly; very rich and fertile; as, rank land.
- (v. t.) To take rank of; to outrank.
- (superl.) Luxuriant in growth; of vigorous growth; exuberant; grown to immoderate height; as, rank grass; rank weeds.
- (v. t.) To range in a particular class, order, or division; to class; also, to dispose methodically; to place in suitable classes or order; to classify.
- (n. & v.) Degree of dignity, eminence, or excellence; position in civil or social life; station; degree; grade; as, a writer of the first rank; a lawyer of high rank.
- (n. & v.) A row or line; a range; an order; a tier; as, a rank of osiers.
- (n. & v.) A line of soldiers ranged side by side; -- opposed to file. See 1st File, 1 (a).
- (superl.) Strong to the taste.
- (superl.) Strong-scented; rancid; musty; as, oil of a rank smell; rank-smelling rue.
- (superl.) Inflamed with venereal appetite.
- (v. t.) To place abreast, or in a line.
- (n. & v.) Elevated grade or standing; high degree; high social position; distinction; eminence; as, a man of rank.
- (v. i.) To have a certain grade or degree of elevation in the orders of civil or military life; to have a certain degree of esteem or consideration; as, he ranks with the first class of poets; he ranks high in public estimation.