Rap Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RapDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v.) To hasten.
- (v. t.) To strike with a quick blow; to knock on.
- (v. t.) To free (a pattern) in a mold by light blows on the pattern, so as to facilitate its removal.
- (n.) A quick, smart blow; a knock.
- (v. i.) To strike with a quick, sharp blow; to knock; as, to rap on the door.
- (v.) To seize and bear away, as the mind or thoughts; to transport out of ones self; to affect with ecstasy or rapture; as, rapt into admiration.
- (n.) A lay or skein containing 120 yards of yarn.
- (v.) To snatch away; to seize and hurry off.
- (v.) To exchange; to truck.
- (n.) A popular name for any of the tokens that passed current for a half-penny in Ireland in the early part of the eighteenth century; any coin of trifling value.
• RapacesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n. pl.) Same as Accipitres.