Rattling Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RattlingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Rattle
• RattleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A rapid succession of sharp, clattering sounds; as, the rattle of a drum.
- (v. i.) To drive or ride briskly, so as to make a clattering; as, we rattled along for a couple of miles.
- (v. t.) Hence, to disconcert; to confuse; as, to rattle ones judgment; to rattle a player in a game.
- (n.) A scolding; a sharp rebuke.
- (v. t.) To cause to make a rattling or clattering sound; as, to rattle a chain.
- (v. i.) To make a quick succession of sharp, inharmonious noises, as by the collision of hard and not very sonorous bodies shaken together; to clatter.
- (v. i.) To make a clatter with the voice; to talk rapidly and idly; to clatter; -- with on or away; as, she rattled on for an hour.
- (n.) Any organ of an animal having a structure adapted to produce a rattling sound.
- (n.) Noisy, rapid talk.
- (n.) A noisy, senseless talker; a jabberer.
- (v. t.) To assail, annoy, or stun with a rattling noise.
- (v. t.) To scold; to rail at.
- (n.) The noise in the throat produced by the air in passing through mucus which the lungs are unable to expel; -- chiefly observable at the approach of death, when it is called the death rattle. See R/le.
- (n.) An instrument with which a rattling sound is made; especially, a childs toy that rattles when shaken.
• RattlingsDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n. pl.) Ratlines.