Recite Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ReciteDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To tell over; to go over in particulars; to relate; to narrate; as, to recite past events; to recite the particulars of a voyage.
- (v. t.) To rehearse, as a lesson to an instructor.
- (v. t.) To state in or as a recital. See Recital, 5.
- (v. t.) To repeat, as something already prepared, written down, committed to memory, or the like; to deliver from a written or printed document, or from recollection; to rehearse; as, to recite the words of an author, or of a deed or covenant.
- (v. i.) To repeat, pronounce, or rehearse, as before an audience, something prepared or committed to memory; to rehearse a lesson learned.
- (n.) A recital.
• ReciterDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who recites; also, a book of extracts for recitation.
• RecitedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Recite