Recognizance Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RecognizanceDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The verdict of a jury impaneled upon assize.
- (n.) A token; a symbol; a pledge; a badge.
- (n.) An obligation of record entered into before some court of record or magistrate duly authorized, with condition to do some particular act, as to appear at the same or some other court, to keep the peace, or pay a debt. A recognizance differs from a bond, being witnessed by the record only, and not by the partys seal.
- (n.) Acknowledgment of a person or thing; avowal; profession; recognition.