Recoiling Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RecoilingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Recoil
• RecoilDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To draw or go back.
- (n.) The state or condition of having recoiled.
- (n.) Specifically, the reaction or rebounding of a firearm when discharged.
- (v. i.) To draw back, as from anything repugnant, distressing, alarming, or the like; to shrink.
- (v. i.) To turn or go back; to withdraw ones self; to retire.
- (v. i.) To start, roll, bound, spring, or fall back; to take a reverse motion; to be driven or forced backward; to return.
- (n.) A starting or falling back; a rebound; a shrinking; as, the recoil of nature, or of the blood.
• RecoilinglyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In the manner of a recoil.