Recording Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RecordingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Record
- (a.) Keeping a record or a register; as, a recording secretary; -- applied to numerous instruments with an automatic appliance which makes a record of their action; as, a recording gauge or telegraph.
• RecordDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) That which has been, or might be, recorded; the known facts in the course, progress, or duration of anything, as in the life of a public man; as, a politician with a good or a bad record.
- (v. t.) Testimony; witness; attestation.
- (v. t.) A writing by which some act or event, or a number of acts or events, is recorded; a register; as, a record of the acts of the Hebrew kings; a record of the variations of temperature during a certain time; a family record.
- (v. t.) An authentic official copy of a document which has been entered in a book, or deposited in the keeping of some officer designated by law.
- (v. t.) To preserve the memory of, by committing to writing, to printing, to inscription, or the like; to make note of; to write or enter in a book or on parchment, for the purpose of preserving authentic evidence of; to register; to enroll; as, to record the proceedings of a court; to record historical events.
- (v. i.) To sing or repeat a tune.
- (v. t.) To repeat; to recite; to sing or play.
- (v. t.) An official contemporaneous writing by which the acts of some public body, or public officer, are recorded; as, a record of city ordinances; the records of the receiver of taxes.
- (v. i.) To reflect; to ponder.
- (v. t.) To recall to mind; to recollect; to remember; to meditate.
- (v. t.) An official contemporaneous memorandum stating the proceedings of a court of justice; a judicial record.
- (v. t.) That which serves to perpetuate a knowledge of acts or events; a monument; a memorial.
- (v. t.) That which has been publicly achieved in any kind of competitive sport as recorded in some authoritative manner, as the time made by a winning horse in a race.
- (v. t.) The various legal papers used in a case, together with memoranda of the proceedings of the court; as, it is not permissible to allege facts not in the record.