Reflected Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ReflectedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Hence: Not ones own; received from another; as, his glory was reflected glory.
- (a.) Bent backward or outward; reflexed.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Reflect
- (a.) Thrown back after striking a surface; as, reflected light, heat, sound, etc.
• ReflectDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To throw or turn back the thoughts upon anything; to contemplate. Specifically: To attend earnestly to what passes within the mind; to attend to the facts or phenomena of consciousness; to use attention or earnest thought; to meditate; especially, to think in relation to moral truth or rules.
- (v. i.) To throw back light, heat, or the like; to return rays or beams.
- (v. i.) To be sent back; to rebound as from a surface; to revert; to return.
- (v.) To give back an image or likeness of; to mirror.
- (v.) To bend back; to give a backwa/d turn to; to throw back; especially, to cause to return after striking upon any surface; as, a mirror reflects rays of light; polished metals reflect heat.
- (v. i.) To cast reproach; to cause censure or dishonor.