Refractor Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RefractorDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A refracting telescope, in which the image to be viewed is formed by the refraction of light in passing through a convex lens.
- (n.) Anything that refracts
• RefractoryDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A refractory person.
- (n.) OPottery) A piece of ware covered with a vaporable flux and placed in a kiln, to communicate a glaze to the other articles.
- (a.) Resisting ordinary treatment; difficult of fusion, reduction, or the like; -- said especially of metals and the like, which do not readily yield to heat, or to the hammer; as, a refractory ore.
- (a.) Obstinate in disobedience; contumacious; stubborn; unmanageable; as, a refractory child; a refractory beast.
- (n.) Refractoriness.
• RefractorilyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In a refractory manner; perversely; obstinately.