Reigning Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ReigningDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Reign
• ReignDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Royal authority; supreme power; sovereignty; rule; dominion.
- (n.) To have superior or uncontrolled dominion; to rule.
- (n.) The time during which a king, queen, or emperor possesses the supreme authority; as, it happened in the reign of Elizabeth.
- (n.) The territory or sphere which is reigned over; kingdom; empire; realm; dominion.
- (n.) Hence, to be predominant; to prevail.
- (n.) To possess or exercise sovereign power or authority; to exercise government, as a king or emperor;; to hold supreme power; to rule.