Reins Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ReinsDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n. pl.) The inward impulses; the affections and passions; -- so called because formerly supposed to have their seat in the part of the body where the kidneys are.
- (n. pl.) The kidneys; also, the region of the kidneys; the loins.
• ReinDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The strap of a bridle, fastened to the curb or snaffle on each side, by which the rider or driver governs the horse.
- (v. t.) To restrain; to control; to check.
- (v. i.) To be guided by reins.
- (v. t.) To govern or direct with the reins; as, to rein a horse one way or another.
- (n.) Hence, an instrument or means of curbing, restraining, or governing; government; restraint.
• ReinsertDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To insert again.
• ReinspectionDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The act of reinspecting.