Relapsed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RelapsedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Relapse
• RelapseDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To slide or turn back into a former state or practice; to fall back from some condition attained; -- generally in a bad sense, as from a state of convalescence or amended condition; as, to relapse into a stupor, into vice, or into barbarism; -- sometimes in a good sense; as, to relapse into slumber after being disturbed.
- (v. i.) To slip or slide back, in a literal sense; to turn back.
- (v.) One who has relapsed, or fallen back, into error; a backslider; specifically, one who, after recanting error, returns to it again.
- (v.) A sliding or falling back, especially into a former bad state, either of body or morals; backsliding; the state of having fallen back.
- (v. i.) To fall from Christian faith into paganism, heresy, or unbelief; to backslide.