Relaxed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RelaxedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Relax
• RelaxDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Relaxation.
- (n.) To make lax or loose; to make less close, firm, rigid, tense, or the like; to slacken; to loosen; to open; as, to relax a rope or cord; to relax the muscles or sinews.
- (v. i.) To remit attention or effort; to become less diligent; to unbend; as, to relax in study.
- (n.) To relieve from constipation; to loosen; to open; as, an aperient relaxes the bowels.
- (a.) Relaxed; lax; hence, remiss; careless.
- (v. i.) To abate in severity; to become less rigorous.
- (n.) To make less severe or rigorous; to abate the stringency of; to remit in respect to strenuousness, earnestness, or effort; as, to relax discipline; to relax ones attention or endeavors.
- (v. i.) To become lax, weak, or loose; as, to let ones grasp relax.
- (n.) Hence, to relieve from attention or effort; to ease; to recreate; to divert; as, amusement relaxes the mind.