Remiss Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RemissDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Not energetic or exact in duty or business; not careful or prompt in fulfilling engagements; negligent; careless; tardy; behindhand; lagging; slack; hence, lacking earnestness or activity; languid; slow.
- (n.) The act of being remiss; inefficiency; failure.
• RemissionDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Act of sending in payment, as money; remittance.
- (n.) The act of remitting, surrendering, resigning, or giving up.
- (n.) A temporary and incomplete subsidence of the force or violence of a disease or of pain, as destinguished from intermission, in which the disease completely leaves the patient for a time; abatement.
- (n.) Discharge from that which is due; relinquishment of a claim, right, or obligation; pardon of transgression; release from forfeiture, penalty, debt, etc.
- (n.) The act of sending back.
- (n.) Diminution of intensity; abatement; relaxation.
• RemissoryDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Serving or tending to remit, or to secure remission; remissive.
• RemissfulDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Inclined to remit punishment; lenient; clement.