Render Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RenderDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To give up; to yield; to surrender.
- (v. t.) Hence, to furnish; to contribute.
- (v. t.) To interpret; to set forth, represent, or exhibit; as, an actor renders his part poorly; a singer renders a passage of music with great effect; a painter renders a scene in a felicitous manner.
- (v. t.) To inflict, as a retribution; to requite.
- (n.) One who rends.
- (v. t.) To cause to be, or to become; as, to render a person more safe or more unsafe; to render a fortress secure.
- (v. t.) To translate from one language into another; as, to render Latin into English.
- (v. i.) To pass; to run; -- said of the passage of a rope through a block, eyelet, etc.; as, a rope renders well, that is, passes freely; also, to yield or give way.
- (v. t.) To furnish; to state; to deliver; as, to render an account; to render judgment.
- (n.) An account given; a statement.
- (v. i.) To give an account; to make explanation or confession.
- (v. t.) To try out or extract (oil, lard, tallow, etc.) from fatty animal substances; as, to render tallow.
- (n.) A surrender.
- (n.) A return; a payment of rent.
- (v. t.) To return; to pay back; to restore.
- (v. t.) To plaster, as a wall of masonry, without the use of lath.
• RendererDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who renders.
- (n.) A vessel in which lard or tallow, etc., is rendered.