Retrograded Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RetrogradedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Retrograde
• RetrogradeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Tending or moving backward; having a backward course; contrary; as, a retrograde motion; -- opposed to progressive.
- (v. i.) Hence, to decline from a better to a worse condition, as in morals or intelligence.
- (v. i.) To go in a retrograde direction; to move, or appear to move, backward, as a planet.
- (a.) Declining from a better to a worse state; as, a retrograde people; retrograde ideas, morals, etc.
- (a.) Apparently moving backward, and contrary to the succession of the signs, that is, from east to west, as a planet.