Rod Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RodDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An instrument for measuring.
- (n.) A support for a fishing line; a fish pole.
- (n.) A measure of length containing sixteen and a half feet; -- called also perch, and pole.
- (n.) A kind of sceptor, or badge of office; hence, figuratively, power; authority; tyranny; oppression.
- () A member used in tension, as for sustaining a suspended weight, or in tension and compression, as for transmitting reciprocating motion, etc.; a connecting bar.
- (n.) A straight and slender stick; a wand; hence, any slender bar, as of wood or metal (applied to various purposes).
- (n.) An instrument of punishment or correction; figuratively, chastisement.
• RodyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Ruddy.
• RodgeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The gadwall.