Romance Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RomanceDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An adventure, or series of extraordinary events, resembling those narrated in romances; as, his courtship, or his life, was a romance.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the language or dialects known as Romance.
- (n.) A short lyric tale set to music; a song or short instrumental piece in ballad style; a romanza.
- (v. i.) To write or tell romances; to indulge in extravagant stories.
- (n.) A species of fictitious writing, originally composed in meter in the Romance dialects, and afterward in prose, such as the tales of the court of Arthur, and of Amadis of Gaul; hence, any fictitious and wonderful tale; a sort of novel, especially one which treats of surprising adventures usually befalling a hero or a heroine; a tale of extravagant adventures, of love, and the like.
- (n.) The languages, or rather the several dialects, which were originally forms of popular or vulgar Latin, and have now developed into Italian. Spanish, French, etc. (called the Romanic languages).
- (n.) A dreamy, imaginative habit of mind; a disposition to ignore what is real; as, a girl full of romance.
• RomancedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Romance