Royal Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RoyalDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A royal spade.
- (a.) Noble; generous; magnificent; princely.
- (a.) Kingly; pertaining to the crown or the sovereign; suitable for a king or queen; regal; as, royal power or prerogative; royal domains; the royal family; royal state.
- (n.) Printing and writing papers of particular sizes. See under paper, n.
- (n.) One of the upper or distal branches of an antler, as the third and fourth tynes of the antlers of a stag.
- (n.) A small sail immediately above the topgallant sail.
- (n.) An old English coin. See Rial.
- (n.) A small mortar.
- (n.) One of the soldiers of the first regiment of foot of the British army, formerly called the Royals, and supposed to be the oldest regular corps in Europe; -- now called the Royal Scots.
- (a.) Under the patronage of royality; holding a charter granted by the sovereign; as, the Royal Academy of Arts; the Royal Society.
• RoyaltiesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Royalty
• RoyaltyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The person of a king or sovereign; majesty; as, in the presence of royalty.
- (n.) A share of the product or profit (as of a mine, forest, etc.), reserved by the owner for permitting another to use the property.
- (n.) An emblem of royalty; -- usually in the plural, meaning regalia.
- (n.) Kingliness; spirit of regal authority.
- (n.) Domain; province; sphere.
- (n.) The state of being royal; the condition or quality of a royal person; kingship; kingly office; sovereignty.
- (n.) Hence (Com.), a duty paid by a manufacturer to the owner of a patent or a copyright at a certain rate for each article manufactured; or, a percentage paid to the owner of an article by one who hires the use of it.
- (n.) That which is due to a sovereign, as a seigniorage on gold and silver coined at the mint, metals taken from mines, etc.; the tax exacted in lieu of such share; imperiality.