Sabbat Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SabbatDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) In mediaeval demonology, the nocturnal assembly in which demons and sorcerers were thought to celebrate their orgies.
• SabbathDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The seventh year, observed among the Israelites as one of rest and festival.
- (n.) Fig.: A time of rest or repose; intermission of pain, effort, sorrow, or the like.
- (n.) A season or day of rest; one day in seven appointed for rest or worship, the observance of which was enjoined upon the Jews in the Decalogue, and has been continued by the Christian church with a transference of the day observed from the last to the first day of the week, which is called also Lords Day.