Sage Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SageDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A wise man; a man of gravity and wisdom; especially, a man venerable for years, and of sound judgment and prudence; a grave philosopher.
- (n.) A suffruticose labiate plant (Salvia officinalis) with grayish green foliage, much used in flavoring meats, etc. The name is often extended to the whole genus, of which many species are cultivated for ornament, as the scarlet sage, and Mexican red and blue sage.
- (superl.) Grave; serious; solemn.
- (n.) The sagebrush.
- (superl.) Proceeding from wisdom; well judged; shrewd; well adapted to the purpose.
- (superl.) Having nice discernment and powers of judging; prudent; grave; sagacious.
• SageniteDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Acicular rutile occurring in reticulated forms imbedded in quartz.