Sarcophaguses Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SarcophagusesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Sarcophagus
• SarcophagusDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A stone shaped like a sarcophagus and placed by a grave as a memorial.
- (n.) A species of limestone used among the Greeks for making coffins, which was so called because it consumed within a few weeks the flesh of bodies deposited in it. It is otherwise called lapis Assius, or Assian stone, and is said to have been found at Assos, a city of Lycia.
- (n.) A coffin or chest-shaped tomb of the kind of stone described above; hence, any stone coffin.