Satisfy Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SatisfyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To give satisfaction; to afford gratification; to leave nothing to be desired.
- (a.) In general, to fill up the measure of a want of (a person or a thing); hence, to grafity fully the desire of; to make content; to supply to the full, or so far as to give contentment with what is wished for.
- (a.) To answer or discharge, as a claim, debt, legal demand, or the like; to give compensation for; to pay off; to requite; as, to satisfy a claim or an execution.
- (v. i.) To make payment or atonement; to atone.
- (a.) To pay to the extent of claims or deserts; to give what is due to; as, to satisfy a creditor.
- (a.) To free from doubt, suspense, or uncertainty; to give assurance to; to set at rest the mind of; to convince; as, to satisfy ones self by inquiry.
• SatisfyingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Satisfy