Saturated Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SaturatedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Saturate
- (a.) Filled to repletion; holding by absorption, or in solution, all that is possible; as, saturated garments; a saturated solution of salt.
- (a.) Having its affinity satisfied; combined with all it can hold; -- said of certain atoms, radicals, or compounds; thus, methane is a saturated compound. Contrasted with unsaturated.
• SaturateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To cause to become completely penetrated, impregnated, or soaked; to fill fully; to sate.
- (v. t.) To satisfy the affinity of; to cause to become inert by chemical combination with all that it can hold; as, to saturate phosphorus with chlorine.
- (p. a.) Filled to repletion; saturated; soaked.