Scattered Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ScatteredDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Scatter
- (a.) Irregular in position; having no regular order; as, scattered leaves.
- (a.) Dispersed; dissipated; sprinkled, or loosely spread.
• ScatterDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To strew about; to sprinkle around; to throw down loosely; to deposit or place here and there, esp. in an open or sparse order.
- (v. t.) To cause to separate in different directions; to reduce from a close or compact to a loose or broken order; to dissipate; to disperse.
- (v. t.) Hence, to frustrate, disappoint, and overthrow; as, to scatter hopes, plans, or the like.
- (v. i.) To be dispersed or dissipated; to disperse or separate; as, clouds scatter after a storm.