Scolding Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ScoldingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Scold
- () a. & n. from Scold, v.
• ScoldDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To chide with rudeness and clamor; to rate; also, to rebuke or reprove with severity.
- (n.) One who scolds, or makes a practice of scolding; esp., a rude, clamorous woman; a shrew.
- (n.) A scolding; a brawl.
- (v. i.) To find fault or rail with rude clamor; to brawl; to utter harsh, rude, boisterous rebuke; to chide sharply or coarsely; -- often with at; as, to scold at a servant.
• ScoldinglyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In a scolding manner.