Scow Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ScowDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A large flat-bottomed boat, having broad, square ends.
- (v. t.) To transport in a scow.
• ScowlDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To wrinkle the brows, as in frowning or displeasure; to put on a frowning look; to look sour, sullen, severe, or angry.
- (n.) The wrinkling of the brows or face in frowing; the expression of displeasure, sullenness, or discontent in the countenance; an angry frown.
- (v. t.) To look at or repel with a scowl or a frown.
- (v. i.) Hence, to look gloomy, dark, or threatening; to lower.
- (v. t.) To express by a scowl; as, to scowl defiance.
- (n.) Hence, gloom; dark or threatening aspect.