Scramble Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ScrambleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To clamber with hands and knees; to scrabble; as, to scramble up a cliff; to scramble over the rocks.
- (n.) The act of scrambling, climbing on all fours, or clambering.
- (v. i.) To struggle eagerly with others for something thrown upon the ground; to go down upon all fours to seize something; to catch rudely at what is desired.
- (n.) The act of jostling and pushing for something desired; eager and unceremonious struggle for what is thrown or held out; as, a scramble for office.
- (v. t.) To collect by scrambling; as, to scramble up wealth.
- (v. t.) To prepare (eggs) as a dish for the table, by stirring the yolks and whites together while cooking.
• ScrambledDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Scramble