Scream Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ScreamDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To cry out with a shrill voice; to utter a sudden, sharp outcry, or shrill, loud cry, as in fright or extreme pain; to shriek; to screech.
- (n.) A sharp, shrill cry, uttered suddenly, as in terror or in pain; a shriek; a screech.
• ScreamerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Something so remarkable as to provoke a scream, as of joy.
- (n.) An exclamation mark.
- (n.) Any one of three species of South American birds constituting the family Anhimidae, and the suborder Palamedeae. They have two spines on each wing, and the head is either crested or horned. They are easily tamed, and then serve as guardians for other poultry. The crested screamers, or chajas, belong to the genus Chauna. The horned screamer, or kamichi, is Palamedea cornuta.
• ScreamingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Uttering screams; shrieking.
- (a.) Having the nature of a scream; like a scream; shrill; sharp.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Scream