Scribed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ScribedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Scribe
• ScribeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To write, engrave, or mark upon; to inscribe.
- (n.) One who writes; a draughtsman; a writer for another; especially, an offical or public writer; an amanuensis or secretary; a notary; a copyist.
- (v. t.) To cut (anything) in such a way as to fit closely to a somewhat irregular surface, as a baseboard to a floor which is out of level, a board to the curves of a molding, or the like; -- so called because the workman marks, or scribe, with the compasses the line that he afterwards cuts.
- (v. i.) To make a mark.
- (v. t.) To score or mark with compasses or a scribing iron.
- (n.) A writer and doctor of the law; one skilled in the law and traditions; one who read and explained the law to the people.