Scrupled Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ScrupledDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Scruple
• ScrupleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To be reluctant or to hesitate, as regards an action, on account of considerations of conscience or expedience.
- (n.) Hence, a very small quantity; a particle.
- (n.) A weight of twenty grains; the third part of a dram.
- (v. t.) To regard with suspicion; to hesitate at; to question.
- (n.) Hesitation as to action from the difficulty of determining what is right or expedient; unwillingness, doubt, or hesitation proceeding from motives of conscience.
- (v. t.) To excite scruples in; to cause to scruple.