Scrutiny Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ScrutinyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To scrutinize.
- (n.) An examination of catechumens, in the last week of Lent, who were to receive baptism on Easter Day.
- (n.) A ticket, or little paper billet, on which a vote is written.
- (n.) An examination by a committee of the votes given at an election, for the purpose of correcting the poll.
- (n.) Close examination; minute inspection; critical observation.