Scuttling Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ScuttlingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Scuttle
• ScuttleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To sink by making holes through the bottom of; as, to scuttle a ship.
- (v. i.) To run with affected precipitation; to hurry; to bustle; to scuddle.
- (n.) A wide-mouthed vessel for holding coal: a coal hod.
- (n.) A broad, shallow basket.
- (v. t.) To cut a hole or holes through the bottom, deck, or sides of (as of a ship), for any purpose.
- (n.) The lid or door which covers or closes an opening in a roof, wall, or the like.
- (n.) A small opening in an outside wall or covering, furnished with a lid.
- (n.) A quick pace; a short run.
- (n.) An opening in the roof of a house, with a lid.
- (n.) A small opening or hatchway in the deck of a ship, large enough to admit a man, and with a lid for covering it, also, a like hole in the side or bottom of a ship.