Sending Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SendingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Send
• SendDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To cause to go in any manner; to dispatch; to commission or direct to go; as, to send a messenger.
- (v. t.) To emit; to impel; to cast; to throw; to hurl; as, to send a ball, an arrow, or the like.
- (v. i.) To pitch; as, the ship sends forward so violently as to endanger her masts.
- (v. t.) To cause to be or to happen; to bestow; to inflict; to grant; -- sometimes followed by a dependent proposition.
- (v. t.) To give motion to; to cause to be borne or carried; to procure the going, transmission, or delivery of; as, to send a message.
- (v. i.) To dispatch an agent or messenger to convey a message, or to do an errand.
- (n.) The impulse of a wave by which a vessel is carried bodily.