Sequestered Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SequesteredDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Sequester
- (a.) Retired; secluded.
• SequesterDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To renounce (as a widow may) any concern with the estate of her husband.
- (v. t.) To separate from the owner for a time; to take from parties in controversy and put into the possession of an indifferent person; to seize or take possession of, as property belonging to another, and hold it till the profits have paid the demand for which it is taken, or till the owner has performed the decree of court, or clears himself of contempt; in international law, to confiscate.
- (v. t.) To cause (one) to submit to the process of sequestration; to deprive (one) of ones estate, property, etc.
- (n.) A person with whom two or more contending parties deposit the subject matter of the controversy; one who mediates between two parties; a mediator; an umpire or referee.
- (n.) Sequestration; separation.
- (v. t.) To set apart; to put aside; to remove; to separate from other things.
- (v. t.) To cause to retire or withdraw into obscurity; to seclude; to withdraw; -- often used reflexively.
- (v. i.) To withdraw; to retire.
- (n.) Same as Sequestrum.