Shoaling Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ShoalingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Shoal
- (a.) Becoming shallow gradually.
• ShoalDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A sandbank or bar which makes the water shoal.
- (n.) A great multitude assembled; a crowd; a throng; -- said especially of fish; as, a shoal of bass.
- (a.) Having little depth; shallow; as, shoal water.
- (v. i.) To assemble in a multitude; to throng; as, the fishes shoaled about the place.
- (n.) A place where the water of a sea, lake, river, pond, etc., is shallow; a shallow.
- (v. t.) To cause to become more shallow; to come to a more shallow part of; as, a ship shoals her water by advancing into that which is less deep.
- (v. i.) To become shallow; as, the color of the water shows where it shoals.