Shrewd Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ShrewdDefinition & Meaning in English
- (superl.) Artful; wily; cunning; arch.
- (superl.) Able or clever in practical affairs; sharp in business; astute; sharp-witted; sagacious; keen; as, a shrewd observer; a shrewd design; a shrewd reply.
- (superl.) Inclining to shrew; disposing to curse or scold; hence, vicious; malicious; evil; wicked; mischievous; vexatious; rough; unfair; shrewish.
• ShrewDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Wicked; malicious.
- (a.) To beshrew; to curse.
- (a.) Originally, a brawling, turbulent, vexatious person of either sex, but now restricted in use to females; a brawler; a scold.
- (a.) Any small insectivore of the genus Sorex and several allied genera of the family Sorecidae. In form and color they resemble mice, but they have a longer and more pointed nose. Some of them are the smallest of all mammals.