Sick Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SickDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To fall sick; to sicken.
- (superl.) Affected with, or attended by, nausea; inclined to vomit; as, sick at the stomach; a sick headache.
- (superl.) Affected with disease of any kind; ill; indisposed; not in health. See the Synonym under Illness.
- (superl.) Corrupted; imperfect; impaired; weakned.
- (n.) Sickness.
- (superl.) Having a strong dislike; disgusted; surfeited; -- with of; as, to be sick of flattery.
• SickenDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To impair; to weaken.
- (v. i.) To become disgusting or tedious.
- (v. i.) To be filled to disgust; to be disgusted or nauseated; to be filled with abhorrence or aversion; to be surfeited or satiated.
- (v. t.) To make sick; to disease.
- (v. i.) To become sick; to fall into disease.
- (v. t.) To make qualmish; to nauseate; to disgust; as, to sicken the stomach.
- (v. i.) To become weak; to decay; to languish.
• SickeningDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Causing sickness; specif., causing surfeit or disgust; nauseating.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Sicken