Sill Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SillDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The basis or foundation of a thing; especially, a horizontal piece, as a timber, which forms the lower member of a frame, or supports a structure; as, the sills of a house, of a bridge, of a loom, and the like.
- (n.) The timber or stone on which a window frame stands; or, the lowest piece in a window frame.
- (n.) A piece of timber across the bottom of a canal lock for the gates to shut against.
- (n.) The floor of a gallery or passage in a mine.
- (n.) A young herring.
- (n.) The timber or stone at the foot of a door; the threshold.
- (n.) The shaft or thill of a carriage.
• SillerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Silver.
• SillyhowDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) A caul. See Caul, n., 3.