Silvered Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SilveredDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Silver
• SilverDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Precious; costly.
- (n.) The color of silver.
- (v. t.) To make hoary, or white, like silver.
- (v. t.) To cover with silver; to give a silvery appearance to by applying a metal of a silvery color; as, to silver a pin; to silver a glass mirror plate with an amalgam of tin and mercury.
- (a.) Resembling silver.
- (n.) Coin made of silver; silver money.
- (n.) A soft white metallic element, sonorous, ductile, very malleable, and capable of a high degree of polish. It is found native, and also combined with sulphur, arsenic, antimony, chlorine, etc., in the minerals argentite, proustite, pyrargyrite, ceragyrite, etc. Silver is one of the "noble" metals, so-called, not being easily oxidized, and is used for coin, jewelry, plate, and a great variety of articles. Symbol Ag (Argentum). Atomic weight 107.7. Specific gravity 10.5.
- (v. i.) To acquire a silvery color.
- (a.) Bright; resplendent; white.
- (a.) Sweet; gentle; peaceful.
- (v. t.) To polish like silver; to impart a brightness to, like that of silver.
- (n.) Anything having the luster or appearance of silver.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to silver; made of silver; as, silver leaf; a silver cup.
- (a.) Giving a clear, ringing sound soft and clear.