Skirmish Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SkirmishDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To fight slightly or in small parties; to engage in a skirmish or skirmishes; to act as skirmishers.
- (v. i.) A slight contest.
- (v. i.) A slight fight in war; a light or desultory combat between detachments from armies, or between detached and small bodies of troops.
• SkirmisherDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Soldiers deployed in loose order, to cover the front or flanks of an advancing army or a marching column.
- (n.) One who skirmishes.