Sled Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SledDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To convey or transport on a sled; as, to sled wood or timber.
- (n.) A vehicle on runners, used for conveying loads over the snow or ice; -- in England called sledge.
- (n.) A small, light vehicle with runners, used, mostly by young persons, for sliding on snow or ice.
• SleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To slay.
• SleddedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Sled
• SledgeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A strong vehicle with low runners or low wheels; or one without wheels or runners, made of plank slightly turned up at one end, used for transporting loads upon the snow, ice, or bare ground; a sled.
- (n.) A game at cards; -- called also old sledge, and all fours.
- (v. i. & t.) To travel or convey in a sledge or sledges.
- (n.) A hurdle on which, formerly, traitors were drawn to the place of execution.
- (v. t.) A large, heavy hammer, usually wielded with both hands; -- called also sledge hammer.
- (n.) A sleigh.
• SleddingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The act of transporting or riding on a sled.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Sled
- (n.) The state of the snow which admits of the running of sleds; as, the sledding is good.