Sleeved Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SleevedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Having sleeves; furnished with sleeves; -- often in composition; as, long-sleeved.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Sleeve
• SleeveDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A double tube of copper, in section like the figure 8, into which the ends of bare wires are pushed so that when the tube is twisted an electrical connection is made. The joint thus made is called a McIntire joint.
- (n.) A tubular part made to cover, sustain, or steady another part, or to form a connection between two parts.
- (n.) A short piece of pipe used for covering a joint, or forming a joint between the ends of two other pipes.
- (n.) A narrow channel of water.
- (n.) The part of a garment which covers the arm; as, the sleeve of a coat or a gown.
- (n.) A long bushing or thimble, as in the nave of a wheel.
- (n.) See Sleave, untwisted thread.
- (v. t.) To furnish with sleeves; to put sleeves into; as, to sleeve a coat.