Slit Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SlitDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) To cut lengthwise; to cut into long pieces or strips; as, to slit iron bars into nail rods; to slit leather into straps.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Slit
- () 3d. pers. sing. pres. of Slide.
- (n.) To cut; to sever; to divide.
- (n.) To cut or make a long fissure in or upon; as, to slit the ear or the nose.
- (n.) A long cut; a narrow opening; as, a slit in the ear.
• Slit-shellDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Any species of Pleurotomaria, a genus of beautiful, pearly, spiral gastropod shells having a deep slit in the outer lip. Many fossil species are known, and a few living ones are found in deep water in tropical seas.