Sniffing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SniffingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A rapid inspiratory act, in which the mouth is kept shut and the air drawn in through the nose.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Sniff
• SniffDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The act of sniffing; perception by sniffing; that which is taken by sniffing; as, a sniff of air.
- (v. t.) To draw air audibly up the nose; to snuff; -- sometimes done as a gesture of suspicion, offense, or contempt.
- (v. t.) To draw in with the breath through the nose; as, to sniff the air of the country.
- (v. t.) To perceive as by sniffing; to snuff, to scent; to smell; as, to sniff danger.