Sniping Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SnipingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Snipe
• SnipDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A small shred; a bit cut off.
- (n.) A tailor.
- (n.) A single cut, as with shears or scissors; a clip.
- (n.) A share; a snack.
- (v. t.) To cut off the nip or neb of, or to cut off at once with shears or scissors; to clip off suddenly; to nip; hence, to break off; to snatch away.
- (n.) Small hand shears for cutting sheet metal.
• SnipeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To nose (a log) to make it drag or slip easily in skidding.
- (v. i.) To shoot at detached men of an enemys forces at long range, esp. when not in action; -- often with at.
- (v. i.) To shoot or hunt snipe.
- (v. t.) To shoot at (detached men of an enemys force) at long range, esp. when not in action.
- (n.) A fool; a blockhead.
- (n.) Any one of numerous species of limicoline game birds of the family Scolopacidae, having a long, slender, nearly straight beak.