Snuffing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SnuffingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Snuff
• SnuffDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To crop the snuff of, as a candle; to take off the end of the snuff of.
- (n.) Pulverized tobacco, etc., prepared to be taken into the nose; also, the amount taken at once.
- (v. t.) The part of a candle wick charred by the flame, whether burning or not.
- (v. i.) To turn up the nose and inhale air, as an expression of contempt; hence, to take offense.
- (v. i.) To draw in, or to inhale, forcibly through the nose; to sniff.
- (v. i.) To inhale air through the nose with violence or with noise, as do dogs and horses.
- (n.) The act of snuffing; perception by snuffing; a sniff.
- (n.) Resentment, displeasure, or contempt, expressed by a snuffing of the nose.
- (v. i.) To perceive by the nose; to scent; to smell.
• SnuffinglyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In a snuffing manner.