Sowing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SowingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Sow
• SowDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To scatter seed for growth and the production of a crop; -- literally or figuratively.
- (n.) A channel or runner which receives the rows of molds in the pig bed.
- (n.) The bar of metal which remains in such a runner.
- (n.) A kind of covered shed, formerly used by besiegers in filling up and passing the ditch of a besieged place, sapping and mining the wall, or the like.
- (v. t.) To scatter seed upon, in, or over; to supply or stock, as land, with seeds. Also used figuratively: To scatter over; to besprinkle.
- (v. i.) To sew. See Sew.
- (n.) The female of swine, or of the hog kind.
- (v. t.) To scatter, as seed, upon the earth; to plant by strewing; as, to sow wheat. Also used figuratively: To spread abroad; to propagate.
- (n.) A sow bug.
- (n.) A mass of solidified metal in a furnace hearth; a salamander.