Speculate Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SpeculateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To consider by turning a subject in the mind, and viewing it in its different aspects and relations; to meditate; to contemplate; to theorize; as, to speculate on questions in religion; to speculate on political events.
- (v. i.) To purchase with the expectation of a contingent advance in value, and a consequent sale at a profit; -- often, in a somewhat depreciative sense, of unsound or hazardous transactions; as, to speculate in coffee, in sugar, or in bank stock.
- (v. i.) To view subjects from certain premises given or assumed, and infer conclusions respecting them a priori.
- (v. t.) To consider attentively; as, to speculate the nature of a thing.
• SpeculatedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Speculate